Volunteering is an essential component of The SEL community. If you are a parent or student interested in finding volunteer hours, or a member of the community who would like to support sustainability education, take a look at the volunteer opportunities below.
MarinSEL Parents/Guardians must complete 10 hours of volunteer time, per student, per school year. Click the SignUp link and follow the instructions below to view current parent/guardian volunteer opportunities.
- Click the SignUp link above. (Note: You can only access the MarinSEL Parent Volunteer Opportunities list through this link.)
- To sign up, click the "View" button corresponding to the specific volunteer opportunity. You will be prompted to sign in with your email address. Please use the same email address MarinSEL has on file.
- Once you enter your email address, be sure to confirm your registration for that particular volunteer opportunity.
- To retrieve information on what volunteer opportunities you have already signed up to work, click the "Find My SignUp" link at the top of the page. You will have to enter in your email address and SignUp will send you a comprehensive list of what you have volunteered to work.
Note: To have the best experience with SignUp, please create an account. This will allow you to continuously track what you have volunteered for and will allow you to sign up for new volunteer spots with more ease.
Parents: Looking to sign up for Exploration Days? Click the button below!
2. Student Volunteer Opportunities
MarinSEL students must complete 10 hours of volunteer time per school year. Check back shortly for an updated opportunities list.
3. Community Partnerships
MarinSEL is fueled by the active participation of parents and business leaders throughout the Marin community. This program relies on the participation of businesses and industry professionals to bring external business acumen to enrich each students’ learning as they tackle challenging projects. Here are three rewarding ways to get involved:
Leadership and Environmental Action Development (LEAD) Projects
- Semester-long student projects that address an environmental issue in collaboration with a community partner and parent mentor
- Partners meet once a week with students in the MarinSEL program at Terra Linda High School
Sustainable Enterprise Plans
- Juniors design, write, and implement sustainable enterprise business plans
Partners are needed to:
- Provide content lessons in the fall on topics such as business development, market research, design thinking, marketing, and more
- Serve on the Sustainable Enterprise Panel in December to evaluate business presentations
- Act as business development partners/consultants to student teams
Senior Internship Program
- Seniors complete year-long, environmentally-focused internships for college credit through Skyline College
- Students work four hours a week from September to May
- Employers must be able to identify long-term projects and provide supervision, mentorship, and training necessary for students to be successful